Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Be Yourself

    From the title of this post you are probably expecting a good old pep talk about how being yourself is so important. Sure, of course being yourself is important...and there are countless articles that talk about this. But, I do not recall ever coming across one that discusses how difficult it really is. So...here is my little piece of mind :)
    Especially if you are in high school...most of the time all you want to do is fit in and conform to the standard of "cool" at your school. Adults say to be yourself, but you are afraid of what others might think of you if you really do. I totally get it! I think most teenagers feel the same way, so if you are a teenager reading this...you are not alone!
     I think as a society we all chase after the popular brands and hot trends that sometimes we end up losing sight of who we really are. We just follow what society deems beautiful at the moment. Of course I'm not saying that following trends is a sin, but what I really am trying to say is that we should not follow them blindly. Take fashion icons like Elle Fanning who is an icon because she could care less about fitting in and dresses her way. And so I leave you all with this quote from my favorite, Dr. Seuss. Have an amazing day! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment